( Gluten Free & 3 Net Carbs Per Cup)
I love Chinese food! But, most take out is filled with sugar. Plus rice and noodles are the base of almost any dish.
But, you can still get the “fried Rice” flavor that you crave with just a few simple changes.
I know that I say it all of the time about Keto Recipes but this version of Keto fried rice is actually a lot less time consuming than the original “rice” version.
I am going to admit something here that most people on the Keto Diet won’t, I have never been in love with cauliflower. Gasp, they may as well take away my Crunchy Mom card now…just kidding. I have never had one of those.
But, its true. No matter how much cheese I douse it in or how hard I try to make it taste like pizza crust it’s just “okay”.
I have always served cauliflower because it’s healthy and I try do get as many colors on my families plates as possible. I have tried to make a lot of the Keto Recipes out there with it and have generally been less than excited about the results…until the first time I made this rice.
There was no way I thought it would taste anywhere near the “real thing” but it’s surprisingly close and tastes a lot “cleaner” than rice. Plus, it won’t show back up on your butt & belly tomorrow…so it is totally worth it.
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 bell pepper orange if you have it for color chopped.
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped fine
- 4 tbls butter half a stick
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic you can use fresh garlic. One or two cloves finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Swerve
- 1 tbls Soy Sauce Tamari if you’re eating gluten-free
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbls toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Rice a medium head of Cauliflower. You can do this easily by cutting it into spears and putting them a few at a time in your food processor or blender. You only want to blend them to the coarseness of rice grains about 3 – 5 seconds.
- Once you have the cauliflower riced, all of the other veggies chopped.
- In a Wok (13”) or a large frying pan on high heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the chopped onion (and garlic if you are using fresh), peppers, celery and garlic and let them sizzle for a couple minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cauliflower and peanuts. Stir until it is thoroughly mixed. Then stir every minute or so for five minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking scramble the eggs in a separate pan.
- Once the eggs are cooked add them to the cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle on Swerve, soy sauce, and garlic (if you are using granulated) and mix it up.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in sesame oil, soy sauce and green onions.